Rotary is a global network of community volunteers. Rotary members are business, professional, and community leaders who provide humanitarian service.
The Rotary Club of Church Hill is not your normal Rotary Club. We are young, hands-on, and innovative. We use technology and community resources to help us take action quickly. We dig deep into our local community, starting with Church Hill in Richmond, Virginia and spreading up to the international level, supporting Rotary International in their efforts to eradicate polio and leave the world better than we found it.
Our big yearly event is the Hill Topper 5k, a road running race during the Church Hill Irish Festival (March 27, 2022). It benefits the Robinson Theater, a community resource designed to inspire, encourage, and restore healthy community life to the residents of Church Hill.
Other community initiatives include:
- World Polio Day Purple Pinky fundraisers
- Peter Paul Development Center Food Pantry and community distributions
- Robinson Theater movie nights
- School supply drives for Church Hill schools
- Church Hill round-about clean-up
- Church Hill trash pick-up with REAL LIFE
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace bed deliveries and installations
- Rise Against Hunger food drives
- Toys for Tots drives
- Thanksgiving food services with Church Hill Church Coalition
- The Holiday For Heroes program
- Angel Tree toy drives
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing
- Rotary Days food drives
- James River cleanups
- Pub trivia benefits
- and more